As part of the efforts to facilitate the further use of fusion technologies in new applications, Fusion for Energy with the support of In Extenso Innovation Croissance organized on April 7th 2022 the online event “F4E Technology Transfer Day”.
Open to European companies and organizations, the event aimed to connect fusion technology providers with industries that have ambitions to create new products and services based on technologies developed for fusion programs. During one day, participants had the opportunity to learn about recent innovations developed for the ITER project during webinars and/or attend pre-scheduled B2B meetings.
The event in figures
We would like to thank all the participants for their participation and we stay available for any questions or contacts.
For those who unfortunately could not participate, replays are available below:
- Presentation of the Technology Transfer Programme and benefits of fusion for industry and innovation
Fusion innovations in Remote handling
- Chair and introduction: Benoit De Vrieze, Technology Transfer Broker and Innovation Consultant at Verhaert
- Simple vision software for harsh environments (3D Node solution for remote handling) : Olli Suominen, Doctoral Researcher at Tampere University
- New digital hydraulic valve for more reliable, accurate and efficient motion control : Harri Sairiala, Sales Engineer at Fluiconnecto by Manuli
- GENROBOT, cost effective robot system ready for the market : Jose Acebron, Robotics Area Manager at GTD
Fusion innovations in Advanced manufacturing and materials
- Chair and introduction: Chris Jones, Technology Transfer Broker and Innovation and Growth Advisor at RTC North
- Glass-to-Metal Seal for hermetic interconnections: Franc Moreno, Industrial Director at VAC-TRON
- Two steps Hot Isostatic Pressing, Olivier Andreau, Materials Engineer at ALCEN ATMOSTAT
Fusion innovations in Diagnostics
- Chair and introduction: Johana Macedo, Technology Transfer Broker and Innovation Consultant at KIM
- Multi-layered Shielded Cabinet for Electronics in harsh environments: Vincent Martin, Project Manager at BERTIN Technologies
- Low Temperature Co-fired Ceramics for highly integrated electronic devices: Manikandan Adaikkan, Development Engineer at Via Electronic
- High Resolution Fiber Optics Encoder: Andreas WEISS, CEO at Micronor AG